Chef Ryan Nolan from Mahoney's Grill in Oshkosh joined us for Saturday morning's Good Day Wisconsin!
He shared with us recipes perfect for any holiday party: Asian Beef & Vegetable Lettuce Wraps and Hot Chocolate Covered Cherry Schnapps. The recipes are listed below!
You can also watch him assemble each of the recipes by clicking on the video links to your left.
Mahoney's Grill is located at 958 W. 6th Ave. in Oshkosh.
Asian Beef and Vegetable Lettuce Wraps
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
5 green onion sprigs thin sliced
1# beef sliced thin
1 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 medium carrot julienned
1 small red bell pepper julienned
1 small green bell pepper julienned
1/2 red onion julienned
2 leaves green cabbage julienned
5 medium white mushrooms sliced
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 lime zested and juiced
as needed chopped cilantro
as needed butterhead lettuce
1. In a large saute' pan heat the sesame oil. When oil starts to slightly smoke add in the garlic, green onion, and pepper flakes.
2. When the garlic and onions have softened add in the beef and ginger powder and saute' until sightly browned
3. Add in the carrots, bell peppers, onions, cabbage, and white mushrooms.
4. After the vegetables have cooked and become tender add in the soy, hoisin, lime zest and lime juice
5. Lower the heat on the stove and allow the ingredients to simmer for a minute
6. Serve mixture in the butterhead leaves and garnish with the chopped cilantro
Hot Chocolate Covered Cherry Schnapps
1 qt 2% or whole milk
8 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1# dark chocolate in small pieces
1 cup Cherry Schnapps
1. In a sauce pot heat the milk to just under a boil
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar together
3. Slowly add in the hot milk to the egg yolk mixture while whisking vigorously
4. Once the milk is incorporated into the egg yolks return the mixture to the sauce pot and return to medium high heat
5. Keep stirring the egg mixture and cook until it gets as thick as heavy cream. Don't over cook or you will scramble the eggs!
6. Remove the mix from the heat and mix in the chocolate, keep stirring until chocolate is well incorporated.
7. Mix in the schnapps and keep warm until you want to serve it. A small crock pot works well
8. Garnish with whipped cream and marachino cherry