A unique collaboration of area organizations is fighting …
A unique collaboration of area organizations is fighting …
As the summer growing season blooms, ecologists are warning …
There's something new for you to check out at the Green Bay …
The Green Bay Blizzard indoor football team ended its season …
Two farm cooperatives with headquarters in Northeast Wisconsin …
Updated: Tuesday, 12 Feb 2013, 5:26 PM CST
Published : Tuesday, 12 Feb 2013, 1:48 PM CST
GREEN BAY - The Green Bay Packers Foundation announced $450,000 in donations to 145 community groups Tuesday.
The Packers honored the groups at a luncheon at the Lambeau Field Atrium.
A total of $166,500 was donated through 48 grants to Brown County groups. Another $283,500 in grants was given to 97 other groups throughout Wisconsin.
The Packers also gave $15,000 in scholarships to two- and four-year college students. Of that, $7,500 went to Northeast Wisconsin Technical College and $7,500 to Scholarships Inc.
Here is a complete list of recipients:
Brown County Recipients
1. Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders Association
2. American Foundation of Counseling Services
3. Associates for Collaborative Education Inc.
4. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeastern Wisconsin
5. Boys & Girls Club of Green Bay Inc.
6. Breast Cancer Family Foundation Inc.
7. Brown County Library
8. Brown County Oral Health Partnership Inc.
9. Calvary Lutheran Church
10. CASA of Brown County Inc.
11. Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Green Bay Inc.
12. Center for Childhood Safety Inc.
13. Disabled American Veterans, Department of Wisconsin, Russell Leicht Chapter 3
14. Encompass Early Education and Care Inc.
15. Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin Inc.
16. Freedom House Ministries Inc.
17. Golden House Inc.
18. Greater Green Bay Community Foundation - Ben's Wish
19. Greater Green Bay Community Foundation - NE Wisconsin Veterans' Treatment Court
20. Greater Green Bay Community Foundation - Stocking the Shelves
21. Greater Green Bay YMCA Inc.
22. Green Bay Area Babe Ruth Baseball Inc.
23. Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation Inc.
24. Green Bay Botanical Garden Inc.
25. Green Bay Crime Stoppers Inc.
26. Hand-N-Hand of Northeastern Wisconsin Inc.
27. Heritage Hill Foundation
28. Jackie Nitschke Center Inc.
29. Junior Achievement of Wisconsin Inc. - Brown County
30. Kim's Tkd Center Inc.
31. Learning Through Golf Foundation Inc.
32. Literacy Green Bay Inc.
33. Mayflower Nursery of Green Bay Wisconsin Inc.
34. National Society To Prevent Blindness
35. NeighborWorks Green Bay
36. New Community Shelter Inc.
37. Northeast Wisconsin Technical College Educational Foundation
38. Salvation Army - Green Bay
39. St. John the Evangelist Homeless Shelter Inc.
40. St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center of Green Bay Inc. - Hospital Sisters
41. St. Norbert College
42. St. Vincent Hospital
43. Sullivan-Wallen Post 11 The American Legion
44. The Einstein Project
45. University of Wisconsin - Green Bay Phuture Phoenix
46. Volunteer Center Inc.
47. Willow Tree Cornerstone Child Advocacy Center
48. Wise Women Gathering Place Inc.
1. 3 - 5 Club (Eau Claire)
2. Aaron J. Meyer Foundation Inc. (Dane)
3. Above and Beyond Corporation (Sheboygan)
4. Above The Clouds (Milwaukee)
5. Advocap Head Start (Fond du Lac)
6. Altrusa International Foundation Inc. (Door)
7. American Legion (Marathon)
8. Angel - A Helping Hand (Racine)
9. Arc Fox Cities Inc. (Winnebago)
10. Arc of Fond du Lac Inc. (Fond du Lac)
11. Be The Match Foundation (BTMF)/Central (Ramsey)
12. Beaver Dam Youth Sports Activities Inc. (Dodge)
13. Best Friends Of Neenah Menasha Inc. (Winnebago)
14. Boys & Girls Club of Fond du Lac Inc. (Fond du Lac)
15. Boys & Girls Club of the Tri-County Area (Green Lake)
16. Boys & Girls Club of the Wausau Area Inc. (Marathon)
17. Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley Inc. (Outagamie)
18. Cambria Friesland Athletic Booster Club (Columbia)
19. Canine Companions For Independence (Delaware)
20. Casco-Lincoln Area First Responders (Kewaunee)
21. Catherine Marian Housing Inc. (Racine)
22. Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee Inc. (Milwaukee)
23. Catholic Charities of the Diocese of La Crosse Inc. (La Crosse)
24. Center Against Sexual and Domestic Abuse Inc. (Douglas)
25. Chippewa Valley Cultural Association Inc. (Chippewa)
26. Community Clothes Closet Inc. (Winnebago)
27. Community Foundation of Chippewa County Inc. (Chippewa)
28. Community Outreach Temporary Services Inc. (Outagamie)
29. Companion Day Services Inc. (Wood)
30. Creative Arts Resource And Network Of Western Racine County (Racine)
31. DAR Boys & Girls Club (Menominee)
32. Day By Day Warming Shelter Inc. (Winnebago)
33. Dominican Center for Women (Milwaukee)
34. Door County Memorial Hospital Foundation Inc. (Door)
35. Dunn County Historical Society (Dunn)
36. East Shore Industries Inc. (Kewaunee)
37. Edgewood High School of The Sacred Heart (Dane)
38. Emergency Shelter of the Fox Valley Inc. (Outagamie)
39. Family Resource Center St. Croix Valley Inc. (St. Croix)
40. Fishing Has No Boundaries Inc. (Sawyer)
41. Free SPIRIT Riders Inc. (Fond du Lac)
42. Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes Inc. (Outagamie)
43. Goodwill Industries of North Central Wisconsin Inc. (Winnebago)
44. Habitat For Humanity International Inc. (Marinette)
45. HELP of Door County Inc. (Door)
46. Journey House Inc. (Milwaukee)
47. Kenosha Literacy Council Inc. (Kenosha)
Kewaunee County Food Pantry (Kewaunee)
49. Kingdom Come Inc. (Oconto)
50. La Causa Inc. (Milwaukee)
51. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Wisconsin Chapter Milwaukee Main Office (Waukesha)
52. Literacy Partners of Kewaunee County Inc. (Kewaunee)
53. Lutheran Counseling & Family Services of Wisconsin Inc. (Milwaukee)
54. M&M Area Community Foundation (Menominee)
55. Make A Difference Wisconsin Inc. (Milwaukee)
56. Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin Inc. (Waukesha)
57. Marian University Inc. (Fond du Lac)
58. Michael's Place Inc. (Marathon)
59. Milton Area Youth Center (Rock)
60. Moms and Dads Against Meth Inc. (Polk)
61. My Home, Your Home Inc. (Milwaukee)
62. nIc Foundation Inc. (Shawano)
63. Northeast Wisconsin Land Trust Inc. (Outagamie)
64. Northwoods Women Inc. (Ashland)
65. Opera for the Young Inc. (Dane)
66. Oshkosh Area Community Pantry Inc. (Winnebago)
67. Paper Industry International Hall Of Fame Inc. (Outagamie)
68. Parenting Network Inc. (Milwaukee)
69. PATH (Door)
70. PEARLS for Teen Girls Inc. (Milwaukee)
71. Rawhide Inc. (Waupaca)
72. RCS Empowers Inc. (Sheboygan)
73. Reach Counseling Services Inc. (Winnebago)
74. Risen Savior Ev. Lutheran Church & School (Milwaukee)
75. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin Inc. (Milwaukee)
76. Safe Babies Healthy Families (Waukesha)
77. Safe Haven - Domestic Abuse Support Center of Shawano County (Shawano)
78. Serenity Inns Inc. (Milwaukee)
79. Shawano County Arts Council Inc. (Box in the Wood Theatre Guild) (Shawano)
80. Sheboygan Symphony Orchestra Inc. (Sheboygan)
81. Southwestern Wisconsin Community Action Program Inc. (Iowa)
82. St. Elizabeth Hospital Foundation (Outagamie)
83. St. Francis Xavier Youth Football (Dane)
84. Summit Education Association Inc. (Milwaukee)
85. The Nehemiah Center for Urban Leadership Development (Dane)
86. The Women's Center (Waukesha)
87. Two Rivers Day Care Center Inc. (Manitowoc)
88. United Sports Association For Youth Inc. (Outagamie)
89. University Of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority (Dane)
90. Volunteer Center of Door County Inc. (Door)
91. Walnut Way Conservation Corp. (Milwaukee)
92. Waukesha County Community Dental Clinic Inc. (Waukesha)
93. White Heron Chorale Inc. (Outagamie)
94. Women and Children's Horizons Inc. (Kenosha)
95. Word of Hope Ministries Inc. (Milwaukee)
96. Youth Go Corp. (Winnebago)
97. YWCA Southeast Wisconsin (Milwaukee)