Updated: Thursday, 25 Jun 2009, 4:00 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 25 Jun 2009, 4:00 PM CDT
GREEN BAYgreen - The Catholic Diocese of Green Bay has granted $17,598 to six northeast Wisconsin organizations.
The funds come from the diocese’s Catholic Campaign for Human Development and Catholic Relief Services’ Operation Rice Bowl collections during Lent.
The following organizations received grants:
• ESTHER, a community organizing unit based in Winnebago and Outagamie counties, received a $6,300 CCHD grant to promote leadership development of Spanish-speaking immigrants.
• The United Hmong and Asian American Community Center of Green Bay received a $3,000 ORB grant to help fund its information referral service.
• The Immigration Task Force of Green Bay received a $1,116 ORB grant to fund its telephone response network to serve victims of workplace raids.
• Door County Memorial Hospital in Sturgeon Bay received a $1,500 ORB grant to help subsidize its free dental care to Spanish-speaking immigrants.
• The Hispanic Resource Center of Sturgeon Bay received a $4,682 ORB grant to help fund its social outreach programming to Spanish-speaking immigrants in Door and Kewaunee counties.
• LEAVEN, which provides small bridge grants for housing and utilities and information referral throughout the tri-county area, received a $1,000 ORB grant for services provided to Hmong- and Spanish-language patrons.