LITTLE CHUTE - Seth Lenz, from Seth's Coffee & Bake Shop stopped by the FOX 11 studio to prepare some great fall inspired panini's and muffins.
Seth's Coffee & Bake Shop at 106 East Main St. in Little Chute.
Harvest Chicken Panini
1 piece of plain panini flatbread
3 tablespoons baked butternut squash, cubed
2 tablespoons mixed fruit compote
2 tablespoons goat cheese
1 small to medium sized grilled chicken breast
1/2 cup washed baby spinach
mixed fruit compote...
4 cups of your favorite fruits, diced (cranberry, apple, pineapple, pears, oranges, etc works great for this time of year)
1/4 cup your favorite jam or preserves
1/4 cup red wine
2 tablespoons brown sugar
combine all ingredients, simmer for 45 minutes or until reduced to a jam-like consistency, stirring regularly
cut 1 butternut squash down the center and place open face down on aluminum foil on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until squash is soft and impressionable. NOTE: this will make a lot of butternut squash, so 1/2 could be saved for other purposes.
1. place flatbread on panini grill to pre heat it for 30 seconds
2. remove bread from panini grill, then on one half, layer the butternut squash, mixed fruit compote, goat cheese, chicken breast, and spinach.
3. fold over the other half to create a pocket sandwich, then place on grill for 3-5 minutes until grill marks desired are achieved and inside of sandwich is warmed
Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
*2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
*1/2 cup sugar
*1/4 cup packed brown sugar
*2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
*1 teaspoon baking powder
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 cup canned pumpkin
*1/2 cup buttermilk
*1/4 cup canola oil
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*1/2 cup chopped pecans
*1/3 cup flour
*1/3 cup brown sugar
*1/2 cup oats
*1/2 stick of butter
*1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. in a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans. Fill sig greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups 3/4 full.
2. in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans, and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly using a pastry cutter. Sprinkle over each muffin so there is a layer completely covering each.
3. bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Single-digit temperatures and light snow are greeting Green Bay Packers fans at Lambeau Field.
A celebration at the nation's first school forest is sending Laona students back to their roots.
Several fire departments battling a shed fire in Abrams.
An armed robbery suspect sustained life-threatening injuries after being shot in Fond du Lac County.
First responders helped ring in the holidays at the 45th annual Howard-Suamico Christmas Parade.
Christmas is just two and half weeks away, and kids and families are getting into the holiday spirit.