FOND DU LAC - The Fond du Lac Fire Department responded to a fire Thursday night at a home on the 400 block of Doty Street.
Fire crews found fire and smoke coming from the basement of the two-story home.
Fire officials say the blaze started from excess wood that was stored too close to the stove.
The fire was quickly put out with limited damage to the home.
No one was injured.
It was a scary situation today for one Winnebago County sheriff's deputy after responding to a crash along Highway 41.
A Greenleaf dairy farm says it has fired two employees and barred a third from handling animals after video shot by an undercover activist showed workers hitting, kicking, stabbing and whipping cows.
On Wednesday, a state committee will release its recommendations on what Wisconsin should do with the Common Core standards.
Cheers for a big check at an Appleton elementary school.
The victim in a weekend shooting at an Appleton night club has died, according to Appleton police.
The possibility of a Walmart store in downtown Green Bay is still alive.