APPLETON - Five residents are temporarily without a home following a duplex fire in Appleton.
It happened in the 1100 block of North Superior Road around 7 Sunday morning.
The residents say they were leaving the duplex when they noticed smoke coming from the basement of the duplex.
Crews were able to put out the fire quickly.
Officials say the fire started from a malfunctioning water heater.
The Red Cross is currently assisting the five residents.
There is no damage estimate at this time.
Firefighters are battling a house fire in Kewaunee County.
Wind, snow, cold and ice played a role as firefighters battled a fire in downtown Ripon Wednesday morning.
Outagamie County's second largest employer is expanding, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The State Building Commission has approved $5 million to help build the Wisconsin Maritime Center of Excellence in Marinette.
Fond du Lac police have released more information about the weapons they found in the apartment of a man who was at the center of a five-hour standoff on Monday.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is announcing a public meeting has been scheduled to provide road closure and design information for the Velp Avenue interchange area.