UPDATE: Firefighters say the fire was the result of a propane-fueled cooking appliance that was inadvertently left on in the garage. The fire caused $50,000 in damage.
Our original report follows:
APPLETON – Six people are displaced after a garage fire in Appleton Monday afternoon.
It happened around 2:30 at 4225 Ashbury Dr.
Fire officials say the blaze was contained to the garage, but the home does have some smoke damage.
Some family members were home at the time, luckily no one was injured.
A cause hasn’t been determined.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.
The large downtown fire in Ripon Wednesday is having a widespread effect.
UW-Oshkosh's third biodigester to create green energy is now officially open.
Fire destroyed a house in Kewaunee County Wednesday afternoon.
Wind, snow, cold and ice played a role as firefighters battled a fire in downtown Ripon Wednesday morning.
Outagamie County's second largest employer is expanding, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The State Building Commission has approved $5 million to help build the Wisconsin Maritime Center of Excellence in Marinette.