APPLETON - A buildup of carbon monoxide sent six people to the hospital early Friday morning.
Rescue crews were called to a home on Partridge Court in Appleton just after midnight. They found one person unconscious and five others sick. The six were taken to the hospital.
Firefighters found a gas-powered generator running in the basement. They shut down the generator and ventilated the house.
Firefighters say any gasoline-powered appliances should be used outside and never in an enclosed environment such as a house.
Editor's note: Neenah/Menasha Fire Rescue, the first agency to respond to the call, initially said a total of four people were affected. The agency later revised the number to six.
The Salvation Army of Brown County has struck gold for the third year in a row.
A Greenleaf dairy farm says it has fired two employees and barred a third from handling animals after video shot by an undercover activist showed workers hitting, kicking, stabbing and whipping cows.
The victim in a weekend shooting at an Appleton night club has died, according to Appleton police.
The parents of a man shot and killed at an unsupervised underage drinking party cannot recover damages from the homeowner's insurance policy, a state court appeals ruled Tuesday.
An appeal was denied Tuesday for the woman who stole nearly $500,000 from the non-profit agency where she worked.
A juvenile male was arrested after Green Bay police say he crashed a stolen vehicle overnight.