FOND DU LAC - A cooking fire sent one person to the hospital and forced a family from its home Wednesday in Fond du Lac.
Firefighters say they were called to a duplex at 27 5th St. just after 10:30 p.m. A first-floor resident to firefighters he had been cooking French fries when the oil caught fire. He tried to put the fire out by covering the pan, then tried to take the pan outside. As a result, he was burned and was taken to the hospital.
The fire itself badly damaged the stove, while firefighters had to let smoke out of the rest of the building. Because of the smoke damage, the Red Cross had to help shelter the family for the night. Firefighters did not say how many people were in the family.
Firefighters say there were no working smoke alarms in the duplex.
Officials also planned to go door-to-door in the neighborhood Thursday, passing out fire safety information.
Republican Governor Scott Walker addressed a controversial campaign letter Thursday while in Green Bay for a groundbreaking.
A local landmark, for good or bad, in Grand Chute could soon be coming down.
We're spreading a little holiday cheer to area military families this year.
An Allouez man who has not been seen in a week could be at risk without his medication, Brown County sheriff’s officials say.
The DNR says six private wells in the Manitowoc County town of Newton are showing signs of contamination.
Time continues to tick away as to whether or not Walmart can continue to have exclusive rights to a piece of property in Green Bay's Broadway District.