GREEN BAY - 12 people are displaced following a fire in Green Bay Sunday morning.
It started in an upper apartment in the 500 block of Hartung Street just before 10 a.m.
Authorities say the upper apartment was the only one damaged, and the estimated cost is $30,000.
Officials say the fire was accidental and started when a child was playing with a lighter.
No one was injured in the blaze, but a cat was found dead in one of the nearby apartments.
The Red Cross is assisting the three people that lived in the apartment and five people who lived in the apartment below it. Four other people were also displaced.
First responders helped ring in the holidays at the 45th annual Howard-Suamico Christmas Parade.
Christmas is just two and half weeks away, and kids and families are getting into the holiday spirit.
Single digit temps around the area caused problems in the Fox Valley Saturday morning.
The frigid temperatures forced some area communities to cancel their weekend Christmas celebrations. But New London braved the cold for its annual Holiday of Wonder Parade.
Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's all of the injuries, but many Packers fans are saying "no thanks," to this weekend's Packers game.
With only a little snow on the ground in places, snowmobilers are ready for more. In the Lakewood area, trails are not yet open, but clubs are gearing up for an early start to the season.