GREEN BAY - The Green Bay Area Public School District is holding a series of forums to discuss the future of the district.
A news release from the district describes the project this way:
"Green Bay Area Public School District leaders are dedicated to ensuring all students graduate college, career and community ready, and are inspired to succeed in Green Bay's growing diverse community. To achieve this mission, Superintendent Michelle Langenfeld and School Board President Brenda Warren recently announced their "strategic roadmap" for the district, a plan that focuses on preparing students for 21st century learning to meet the needs of a global economy."
The sessions are:
- Thursday, January 17, 2013 – 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Brown County Library meeting rooms 1 & 2, 515 Pine St.
- Thursday, February 21, 2013 – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Harmony Café community room, 1660 West Mason St.
- Thursday, March 21, 2013 – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., West High School old library, 966 Shawano Ave.
- Thursday, March 21, 2013 – 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Kroc Center Oak Room, 1315 Lime Kiln Rd.
- Thursday, April 18, 2013 – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., East High School library, 1415 E Walnut St.
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 – 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., District Office Building board room, 200 S Broadway St.
Outagamie County's second largest employer is expanding, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The State Building Commission has approved $5 million to help build the Wisconsin Maritime Center of Excellence in Marinette.
Fond du Lac police have released more information about the weapons they found in the apartment of a man who was at the center of a five-hour standoff on Monday.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is announcing a public meeting has been scheduled to provide road closure and design information for the Velp Avenue interchange area.
FOX 11 Investigates takes a closer look at the property on the west side of Lambeau Field purchased by the Green Bay Packers.
More than $265,000 was donated to the Salvation Army of the Fox Cities as a result of last Friday's Thrivent Financial for Lutherans match day.