MANITOWOC - One person is in the hospital tonight after a house fire in Manitowoc.
It happened Tuesday around 11:46 a.m. at 928 N. 24th St.
When firefighters arrived on scene they found a female with smoke inhalation, smoke coming out of the first floor, and a fire in the basement.
The female was brought to an area hospital and later transferred to the St. Mary's Burn Center in Milwaukee.
Fire officials say two dogs got out of the home unharmed.
The fire was contained to a den in the basement. The basement and first floor suffered smoke damage.
The fire remains under investigation.
After almost 80 years, a piece of naval history is on its way home. A model of the Japanese luxury liner Hikawa Maru is being packed up in Manitowoc and returned to Japan.
Visitors to Green Bay's Neville Public Museum will soon see hours slashed. The county-owned attraction is cutting access starting the first of the year.
An 11-foot-long model of the Japanese passenger liner Hikawa Maru is being sent back to Japan after 34 years at the Wisconsin Maritime Museum in Manitowoc.
Area volunteers are making a difference in the community this holiday season. At this time of the year, many people are looking for ways to help their neighbors. The Salvation Army is one of the many places where you can do just that.
For the second year in a row, St. Norbert College could house overflow of homeless people from the St. John the Evangelist shelter in Green Bay.
A memorial fund has been created for a Grand Chute firefighter killed in a weekend car crash.