BURLINGTON (AP) - The Burlington Liars Club revealed on Monday its 2008 ChampionLie as part of an annual contest to craft the biggest whopper.Below are the winning entry and the six runners-up.
- "My grandson is the most persuasive liar I have ever met. Bythe time he was 2 years old he could dirty his diaper and make hismother believe someone else had done it." - by Garth Seehawer ofOconto Falls.
Runners-up, in random order:
- "On a recent flight from New York to LA, we were watching thein-flight movie called Cocoon. It was during a pool scene that weencountered some very violent turbulence. It was so rough that thewater in the pool in the movie splashed out onto the passengers andan onboard life raft inflated!! The flight crew had to hand outtowels to dry us all off!!" - by Jim Kubath, of Palm Springs,Calif.
- "It used to be in the winter when I walked into my house myglasses would fog up. But now, at the cost of fuel, I have mytemperature down so low that when I go outside my glasses fog up."- by Jerry Olson, of Bonduel.
- "I knew I had to lose weight when both the automatic in andout doors opened when I entered the grocery store." - by Michael E.Peters, of Fox Point.
- "When my uncle wakes up in the morning he often yawns andsays, 'I could stretch a mile.' Of course, he never does since he'stoo lazy to walk back." - by Ellen Everts, of New London.
- "This summer with gas at $4.25 per gallon, I drove up to aprepay gas station and asked the lady clerk for $5 worth of gas.She (broke wind) and handed me a receipt!" - by Gene C. Lasch, ofShawano.
- "I have three German shepherds, outside dogs. This morning, itwas SO cold outside that one of my dogs was trying to 'jump start'the other!!!!!!!" - by Richard Bosanko, of Bristol.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
On Wednesday, a state committee will release its recommendations on what Wisconsin should do with the Common Core standards.
Cheers for a big check at an Appleton elementary school.
The victim in a weekend shooting at an Appleton night club has died, according to Appleton police.
The possibility of a Walmart store in downtown Green Bay is still alive.
Driving instructors and law enforcement say lessons can be learned from Sunday’s massive pileup northwest of Milwaukee.
The village of Allouez has received a request from the owner of the Hilltop Apartments site to build a 48-unit apartment complex on the site of the burnt-out apartments.