MILWAUKEE (AP) - A 7-year-old boy injured in a Milwaukee house fire over the weekend has died.
The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office has confirmed that 7-year-old Miguel Quintanilla died Sunday after he was pulled from the burning house at around 7:45 a.m. Saturday.
Police say the boy's grandfather who lived in the lower part of the house escaped, but moments later realized the boy was still upstairs. Firefighters then went in for the boy.
The boy suffered smoke inhalation and was revived twice before being transported to the hospital. He died Sunday afternoon after surviving overnight on life support.
According to firefighters, there were no working smoke detectors in the house.
Police say the fire may be the result of an electrical failure but authorities are still investigating.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
FOX 11 Investigates takes a closer look at the property on the west side of Lambeau Field purchased by the Green Bay Packers.
More than $265,000 was donated to the Salvation Army of the Fox Cities as a result of last Friday's Thrivent Financial for Lutherans match day.
Two people are displaced after an apartment fire in Grand Chute.
An early morning fire in downtown Ripon damaged three businesses and displaced 26 people.
A 42-year-old Shawano County man was arrested after a drug bust uncovered bath salts and marijuana.
A woman who worked at an assisted living facilitywas sentenced to 30 days in jail for taking nude photos of residents.