GREEN BAY - Last week, the top-ranked teams in the boys and girls FOX 11 Top 11 basketball polls were in jeopardy of losing the top spot based on games to be played and the Sheboygan North boys didn't survive the week, getting blown out at Ashwaubenon, 77-49.
Not only that, the No. 2 team last week, De Pere, also lost, falling at Pulaski, so the top of the poll this week has some shifting, starting with the top spot. Little Chute returns to No. 1 after it was No. 3 last week as the Mustangs continue to author an impressive season.
Following the Mustangs is Seymour, which has a tough week ahead: Tuesday, the Thunder hosts West De Pere in a battle of perfect Bay teams and then the Thunder play at Little Chute on Thursday.
Coming in at No. 3 is NEW Lutheran, which continues to cruise in the Packerland and rounding out the top five are Neenah and Pulaski. De Pere dipped to No. 6.
Roncalli (0-2 last week) and Notre Dame (1-1) fell out of the polls and were replaced by No. 9 Ashwaubenon and No. 11 Brillion.
Meanwhile, the De Pere girls managed to stay at No. 1 as they survived their tough test with a 38-33 win against then-perfect Kimberly. The Redbirds are hardly out of the woods this week as they host No. 3-ranked Bay Port on Tbursday in a battle of perfect teams inside the Fox River Classic Conference.
New London remains at No. 2, followed by Bay Port, Kimberly and Sheboygan North, which suffered a 40-38 loss at Bay Port last week.
De Pere's winning streak (32 games before Monday's game at Green Bay West) isn't the only long winning streak in jeopardy this week as New London (53 games) travels to Oconto Falls on Tuesday.
Boys FOX 11 Top11
1. Little Chute (12-1): Top ranking will be at risk Saturday against Seymour. Last week: No. 3.
2. Seymour (11-1): Thunder has big week, playing West De Pere and Little Chute. Last week: No. 4.
3. NEW Lutheran (14-0): Four players averaging more than 9 points per game. Last week: No. 5.
4. Neenah (11-2): Rockets' late rally beats Appleton North, keeps them atop FVA all alone. Last week: No. 6
5. Pulaski (10-2): Red Raiders make statement with win over De Pere. Last week: No. 7.
6. De Pere (10-2): Redbirds' 31 game FRCC winning streak ends at Pulaski. Last week: No. 2.
7. West De Pere (10-1): Phantoms eye Bay lead at Seymour on Tuesday. Last week: No. 9.
8. Sheboygan North (13-1): Golden Raiders lose first game of season to Ashwaubenon by 28 points? Last week: No. 1.
9. Ashwaubenon (10-3): Jaguars open eyes with big win against Sheboygan North. Last week: unranked.
10. Wrightstown (11-2): Tigers win twice last week by 12 points or more. Last week: No. 10.
11. Brillion (11-2): Lions on 5-game winning streak since loss to Wrightstown. Last week: unranked.
Dropped out: No. 8. Roncalli (9-3), 0-2 last week. No. 10. Notre Dame (9-3), 1-1 last week.
Top games this week
(7) West De Pere at (2) Seymour: Teams split last year; winner takes lead in the Bay.
(6) De Pere at Bay Port: Pirates need win to stay in chase for FRCC title.
(2) Seymour at (1) Little Chute: Last year, Little Chute won at the buzzer.
Girls FOX 11 Top 11
1. De Pere: (12-0): Redbirds getting a lift from Claire Emmerich. Last week: No. 1.
2. New London (11-0): Bulldogs have road test Tuesday at Oconto Falls. Last week: No. 2
3. Bay Port (11-1): Pirates go to De Pere on Thursday in huge game. Last week No. 5
4. Kimberly (11-1): Papermakers gets edged by De Pere in weekend battle. Last week: No. 3.
5. Sheboygan North (10-2): Golden Raiders suffer tough loss at Bay Port. Last week: No. 4.
6. Algoma (10-1): Kennedy Blahnik leads Wolves at 13.2 points per game. Last week: No. 6.
7. Kewaunee (10-1): Storm took care of Kewaunee County rival Luxemburg-Casco on Saturday. Last week: No. 7.
8. Fox Valley Lutheran (9-1): Foxes continue to stay perfect in Eastern Valley. Last week: No. 8
9. Xavier (12-1): Sophomore Peyton Ufi leading Hawks to good season. Last week: No. 9.
10. Fond du Lac (10-2): Brianna Wagner and Taylor Penning leading the Cardinals. Last week: No. 10.
11. Manitowoc (9-2): Four players scoring at least nine points per game. Last week: No. 11.
Dropped out: None.
Top games this week
(2) New London at Oconto Falls: Can McKenna Larsen and Co. end New London winning streak at 52 games?
(3) Bay Port at (1) De Pere: Last two perfect teams in the FRCC. Will be a dandy.
(11) Manitowoc at Notre Dame: Ships have challenged playing against Tritons.
Follow Doug Ritchay on Twitter @dougritchay
Police searching the apartment where a 40-year-old man held officers in a standoff turned up weapons but no explosives.
A Wisconsin historical site will offer history lovers a chance to prepare a 19th-century meal next month.
FOX 11 Investigates takes a closer look at the property on the west side of Lambeau Field purchased by the Green Bay Packers.
Ninety children from nearly 60 different families were able to go shopping on Monday, to find Christmas presents for their loved ones.
Any way you slice it, it's beyond cold at this Christmas tree lot in Ashwaubenon—and everywhere else in Northeast Wisconsin.
It was a scary situation today for one Winnebago County sheriff's deputy after responding to a crash along Highway 41.